Grilled Corn Salad with Hot Honey-Lime Dressing
This recipe can be adapted to your taste (I actually made this salad by just steaming the corn briefly as I didn’t have time to fire up the grill). I increased the amount of avocado and added some cherry tomatoes and reduced the amount of Sriracha and Serrano as I don’t handle spicy heat very well, and it was delicious!
- 3 ears of corn, husked
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1½ tsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1½ avocados, cut into ¾” pieces
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Brush ears of corn with butter; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until kernels are very tender and charred in spots, 10–12 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut kernels from cobs.
- Meanwhile, whisk lime juice, honey, Sriracha, granulated garlic, and 1½ tsp. salt in a large bowl to combine.
- Add corn, avocados, chile, and cilantro to vinaigrette and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing in direct contact with salad to prevent avocados from turning brown. Chill at least 2 hours.
Do Ahead: Salad can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
This recipe is adapted from B’s Cracklin’ BBQ in Savannah, GA.