Honey Lavender Short Bread Cookies
These shortbread cookies are delicious, delicately flavored with both Wildflower honey and lavender – and are very simple to make! Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 TBSP Seek&Bee wildflower honey
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp dried Lavender
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together the butter, sugar, and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, salt, and lavender and mix until combined.
- Place two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment on the counter and divide the dough in half between the sheets.
- Using the wrap, shape the dough into 2 logs that are approximately 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Shape the logs into squares if desired by pressing gently on the top with a cookie sheet to flatten the log slightly, then turning the log on its side and pressing again.
- Freeze thirty minutes or refrigerate 2+ hours, or until firm.
Preheat the oven to 325. Remove the dough from the fridge or freezer and slice into 1/4 inch slices. Place 1-2 inches apart on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool completely before serving and enjoy!
adapted from Little Market Kitchen