Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies Makes
3-4 dozen cookies
The original recipe for this substituted honey for the brown sugar. I changed it up a bit and substituted more honey for the white sugar and then added brown sugar as the remaining sweetener. I used Seek&Bee Honey which I think adds a soft honey note to the classic cookie!
- 2 1⁄2 -3 cups all purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 12 TBSP honey (9 oz) 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- In a large bowl cream together butter, honey and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- To the bowl add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir together gently.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375F. Portion cookie dough in 1-2 TBSP onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes rotating sheets half way through. Cool. Keep in airtight container for several days or freeze for up to 2 months. Enjoy!