Honey Hot Toddy
Makes 1 serving
Suffering through a cold, cough or sore throat? It’s time to break out a tried and true home remedy to ease your symptoms! These are not only delicious but they do help make feeling sick a bit more bearable. Here is a recipe we like for adults. When our kids aren’t feeling well we omit the alcohol and replace with Apple Cider Vinegar. Some people add Cider Vinegar even with the whiskey/bourbon. Enjoy!
Here is what you need:
- A large microwave safe mug
- Your favorite dark tea or green tea (either in a bag, or loose)
- 2 oz bourbon (or whiskey) – substitute cider vinegar for kids
- 1 tbsp Raw Bluegrass Wildflower Honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- A slice of fresh lemon
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Brew about 1 cup of hot tea. If you have a large mug you can make a little more.
- Once your tea is ready, add the bourbon. If this cools down the tea, pop it in the microwave to heat it back up. We want it hot, but not boiling.
- Now add your honey, cinnamon and the lemon juice, stir well. Always feel free to add more honey if you prefer!
- Drop in the lemon slice and enjoy!