Grain Free Pumpkin Honey Muffins
Makes 12-13 muffins
I adapted a recipe a friend had published on her website for these muffins – the original recipe called for maple syrup, but I have another friend who can not eat grains or moist sugars including maple syrup so I used honey instead, and I think they came out just as great. They are pretty light and spongy, and I topped them with pumpkin seeds and coconut sugar. They were really good drizzled with honey!
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil (plus more for greasing pans)
- ¾ cup (9 oz) raw honey
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 2 ½ tsp pumpkin spice (you can find this at KingArthur.com ) or use your own mix
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pumpkin seeds
- Coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin pan with coconut oil or line with muffin papers.
- Place all of the ingredients EXCEPT pumpkin seeds and coconut sugar in a high powered blender. Start on low power and slowly work your way up to high power. Process on high until the mixture is well blended, smooth and well aerated, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the batter among prepared cups of muffin pan. Cups will be full. Sprinkle tops with pumpkin seeds and coconut sugar.
Bake on middle rack of oven until tops of muffin have a slight spring-back, or until toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool in pans until you can handle them and then remove to finish cooling on a rack if you can resist eating them while warm!